Saturday 21 March 2020

Day 6 - Saturday Supply Run

My bread went moldy on Thursday and I only have 1/2L of milk left. I'm almost out of fresh veggies and my baking supplies are low. I was good. I didn't run to the store every time I realized I needed something or ran out of something. I waited until I had a long list of things I needed. So I decided that I'd make the grocery run today.

I had a shower this morning and for the first time all week, I actually blow dried my hair and styled it (I've been letting it air dry and wearing it in a ponytail). I even put on make up for the first time since Monday. I felt pretty much human again.




Since the bank didn't open until 11am, I got to have a lazy morning. It was nice not having to log into my work account. I was worries that the weekend morning would seem much different than my weekday mornings had been but I was pleasantly surprised that it was. So I took my time getting ready to go. I didn't watch the news this morning either. The only news I saw was the news alerts that I'd gotten in my email overnight. I think that helped with my relaxed state this morning. When I did head out the front door of my building, this is what I saw on my front walk:




No friggin' idea what that was all about. It wasn't there yesterday when I went for my at lunch or when I got my dinner delivery around 5:30. Go figure. The sign is the one the cleaners put in our lobby when they've washed the floor. I have no clue where the bricks came from. I'm just happy to see that the small pond that was on the walkway yesterday is now gone.

Riding the bus was odd because they have the priority seating at the front marked off with caution tape. You're supposed to board via the back door but seeing as I'm currenlty walking with a cane, I get to still board by the front. I had to go to the bank first. I made it there just before a big influx of people. I was able to wait inside the branch. Most people arriving after me had to wait in the ATM vestibule (which really defeated the whole social distancing thing). Inside the bank, they have put down greet squares on the floor so that those in line would stay far enough apart. Sadly, in the time I was there, I saw three people ignore/not notice the squares. The branch manager had to ask one woman to back up to the square and not stand so close to the woman in front of her. I was only at the bank to get loonies, so I can do laundry. Being that I haven't been out shopping and most places aren't taking cash anyhow, I haven't been able to get more change. Our machines here take loonies as we're not advanced enough to have the card operated ones.




After the bank, it was back on the bus to the pharmacy (toothbursh) and then to the grocery store.  I was a bit surprised at the number of people in the grocery store.  We all did a pretty good job of avoiding one and other and people were keeping their distance in line. The store appeared to be well stocked again with meat but was still out of TP and cleaning products. They had limit signs up all over though. I did a good stock up, only taking what I need. I think I've got enough to get my through until next weekend, possibly longer if I get creative! I'm going to have to keep an eye on the bread this time and take preventative measures if I think it's staring to go south.

Decided to order in Chinese food for dinner. I used Uber Eats for the first time, since my go to Chinese place is closed for March Break. I discovered a fun new game called "watch the little car go". If you've never used Uber/Uber Eats before, when the driver heads out to get your order, you can see the car on the map moving to the restaurant and then once the driver has your order, you can follow the car on the map, heading for you. It's quite fun actually or I'm just really bored. Could be both.  LOL.

It's been a quiet night. A lot of channel surfing and book reading and flipping between the two. Kind of restless I guess. I can't quite focus on anything. I think I'm going to try to read a bit before bed and give sleeping in a try tomorrow.

"With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts." - Eleanor Roosevelt

No comments:

Post a Comment