Wednesday 3 April 2013

Can't Sleep

I wasn't going to blog tonight because I was too tired. But seeing as I've been tossing and turning for the last hour and a half, I said "fuck it", got up and now I'm blogging.

This is ridiculous. I've been sleeping like shit since the weekend. Usually I'm pretty good at falling asleep, I just can't seem to stay asleep but lately, I can't fall asleep either. And for the past 4 nights, when I am asleep, I keep having really strange dreams. It's getting to be very annoying.

I've been tired all day. I fought off the urge to have a nap earlier because I was afraid that I wouldn't be able to sleep tonight. I guess that was a mute point. I went to be at 10pm. It's now 11:35pm and I'm wide awake. I feel like crap and I have to be up at 6am. And if the sleeping issues weren't bad enough, I keep waking up between 5-5:30am and then fall back to sleep just in time for my alarm to go off. WTF??

I nearly drifted off to sleep around 10:45 but then a cop car or ambulance went down the road with its siren blaring (really?? There's so much traffic on the road at this hour that you need your siren) and the damn thing woke me up and I can't been able to get back to sleep since. I can't get comfortable in bed either. My pillows are too flat or my arm starts to fall asleep. And I can't get the temperature right either. It's too cold with the window open (even just a crack) and it's too hot with the window closed. And to add to my misery, I have a song stuck in my head and it won't leave.

I seriously don't know what to do. This is very frustrating. I feel exhausted and tired. But as soon as I lay down, BOOM! Wide awake. My room is nice and dark, I have the fan on for background noise, I don't have any electronics in the room (no tv or computer) so there's nothing to distract me. I didn't have any caffeine this afternoon/evening, so that's not it. I don't really have anything on my mind that's bugging me, so that's not the issue either. Maybe I should raid my bathroom cupboard and see if I have any Gravol. That shit usually makes me pretty groggy. With my luck, it would just make things worse. It's be groggy but unable to fall asleep and then when I did sleep, it would be for such a short time that it would still be in my system when it's time to wake up.

Sigh. I don't know what to do. I guess I'll just go back to bed and stare at the ceiling for a few more hours.

Good Night!

Sarah

My brother seems to be able to fall sleep anywhere. Wish I could!



No comments:

Post a Comment