Sunday 14 April 2013

Clean-Sweep of a Weekend :)

It was a pretty quiet weekend here. I didn't actually really leave my apartment, except for the trips I made to take the garbage and recycling downstairs. The weather wasn't the greatest so I didn't mind being indoors. When the sun made an appearance late this afternoon, I did go and stand on my balcony. I stood in the sun, closed my eyes, and soaked in the warmth and happiness for a little while. While I was out there, two chickadees came along and were eating the seeds and nuts that I put out for them. They didn't seem to mind that I was there.

I spent all weekend cleaning and re-organizing. Or trying to at least. It would appear that my idea of re-oganization is moving a pile of stuff from one spot to another. I quite literally got down on my hands and knees and was scrubbing the grout on my kitchen floor this afternoon. It paid off too. Literally. I found a toonie wedged under the baseboard by my kitchen door. I pried it out and now have $2 more than I had this morning.

When I booked the trip to Montreal, it seemed so far away. And now it's almost here. 4 more sleeps :) I'm sure I'll be a little more excited about it once I'm finished with my apartment and I've made it through work this week. I'm really looking forward to just relaxing and spending time with a good friend and a change of scenery. Maybe getting a difference perspective on things. And on the bright side, I'll have finished my spring cleaning so I can go out and play on the weekends again!! I really do need to over-haul my bedroom though - but it can wait a bit long.

Good Night!

Sarah

Blog trivia - this is the photo that I used on my very first blog.



No comments:

Post a Comment