Friday 30 November 2012

You Know It's Friday When...

I'm sure we're all guilty of it. You're tired or distracted and get into an elevator and then you stare blankly at the buttons, trying to remember why you're in there and where you're going.

This afternoon, when I pushed the elevator button, 2 elevators showed up at once, which is really rare. So I opted to get into the one that had less people in it. In fact, it just had one woman in it. I looked at the buttons to select my floor, and realized that none of them were lit up. So I looked at the women. She was totally oblivious, reading her phone. Ok then.

I hit my floor and away we went. I got off the elevator on my floor and the woman started to follow me, then she looked up and said "Is this the ground floor". Gee lady, what the hell do you think. I was already around the corner and half way down the hall by now, trying not to laugh out loud. I heard her mumble something that sounded a lot like "damn". LOL. I know. It was a Friday afternoon. It's been a long week and a long day so it's understandable. But geez people, try to pay a little bit of attention when you're in public.

Thankfully there weren't any strange people on the bus tonight. However, when I was buying my bus pass at the ticket place this evening, so guy butted infront of the lady in the next line to ask the ticket agent where the nearest Home Depot is. Huh? Why are you asking a bus ticket counter agent where the Home Depot is? Also, why was it so important that you had to jump the line to ask. And guess what? There isn't a Home Depot anywhere in the area so he was was shit out of luck.

Good Night!

Sarah

Part of the "ruins" at the McKenzie King Estate in Gatineau Park

No comments:

Post a Comment