Sunday 17 February 2013

Ho-Hum

I had just decided to head to bed with my book and read for a bit when I realized that I hadn't blogged yet. So then I got up to go and find where I'd left my reading glasses. After doing that, I realized that I hadn't put away all the leftovers from dinner yet, so I did that. Now I'm back at the computer and am pretty sure I'm ok to blog now. LOL.

I had an interesting dinner tonight. I had a roast cornish hen and as a side, I had roasted brussel sprouts and jerusalem artichokes (aka sun chokes). Everything was pretty good. The hen was bigger than the ones you usually see in the grocery store but smaller than a chicken. Enough for 2 people/2 meals but that's it. The sunchokes didn't really taste like anything at all, so they picked up the flavour of the brussel sprouts that I cooked them with, which made them quite yummy.

I slept in and then spent most of my day cleaning. However, I did manage to lose a good chunk of time on Pinterest. That site is dangerous!!!!!!! I talked to my parents tonight and they told me funny stories of their afternoon as my nephew was over. He and my dad were trying to build Legos. My dad is really out of practice :)

I also sat in the sun for a bit this afternoon, in hope of re-charging my emotional batteries. It helped a bit but over all, it was still a ho-hum kind of day. I only left my apartment to take the recycling out. It was damn cold out there today so I'm not too upset about that fact. It's going down to -29 tonight. I hope those damn ground hogs were right and that we'll get an early spring.

Being a ho-hum kind of day, I got to do a lot of thinking, which was nice. Because it was mostly background thinking. Stuff I've been mulling over for a while. While doing a mundane task like the dishes, my mind was able to ponder things without me focusing 100% on them and I only really became aware of what I was thinking about when a revelation or solution popped up. I needed that. Granted, a lot of it just generated more things to think about, but that's ok. I'm feeling positive about my thoughts at the moment. I might just have a plan forming. And yes, me actually knowing what I'm doing for a change is a very scary notion. Most of the time I just make it up as I go along and pretend I know what the hell I'm doing.

But right now, all my mind is telling me to do is finish reading the chapter I'm on in my book and then go to bed. I don't have tomorrow off so getting up is going to be a bit of a pain in the ass. I need to check the bus schedule too... Sigh.

Good Night!

Sarah

One of my most favourite photos that I've ever taken



No comments:

Post a Comment