Saturday 23 February 2013

Sexapalooza!!!!!!!

As several of you noticed and took the time to point out, I didn't blog last night. Yes, I do that from time to time. I was in a very foul mood last night and didn't want to write as I was somewhat leery of what was going to come out. So I opted to grab my book and curl up in my bed instead.

I was still in a bad mood when I got up this morning. I had a very restless sleep last night and kept waking up so that didn't help matters any. When I logged into my Facebook, I discovered that some very smart people gave me some very smart advice over night and that started making things better. I got to have a pretty lazy morning at home and then decided to go out and have some fun, since I obviously don't need anyone else to help me do that.

I went to Sexapalooza. It's a trade show that was happening at the Convention Center and it was a blast. It's designed and geared towards women and couples. It's an educational experience and a fun on too. They have a main stage where presentations and shows happen, along with seminars and education sessions. While there, I saw a mini-show by a Burlesque troop which involved a strip tease that ended with a giant Jalapeno pepper being set on fire (it had a sparkler in it), a fan dance, two different belly dance performances and a sexy swing dance performance. It was great. I also saw part of the Canadian Hot Bodies show which features male exotic dancers. Wouldn't you know it, the first guy out was dressed like a fire fighter. LOL. I only saw his routine though as the women there were insane and I was starting to fear for my safety, but it was a hoot. Clearly, since it's a public event, the don't take ALL of their clothes off.

The show also had a sex museum, a whole mess of exhibitors and a dungeon. Now I don't know if some of the "kinkier" facets of sex have become more mainstream thanks to Fifty Shades of Grey or if they've been there all along and no one really noticed them before. The Dungeon was something else. You definitely needed an open mind for that one. All of he people in there were super nice and incredibly eager to answer any and all questions. They were giving demos on how to properly spank your mate, how to play with wax and how to correctly tie up/retrain your play mate. There was one other demo but I have no idea what the heck it was. I have to admit that I learnt some interesting new fact about a few things. Can't say that I'll ever use that info unless Jeopardy holds a "Random Sex Trivia" competition, but it was kind of fun to see it all in such a casual setting.

The sex museum was neat and my favourite part was a listing of strange laws from Canada and the USA about sex, flirting, dating and just general male/female interactions. It made for a good laugh. I did have one traumatizing incident while looking around and surprisingly, it didn't happen in the dungeon. A lot of the exhibitors sold sex toys, aids, lingerie, movies etc... While wandering though one such place, they had a "Just Beaver" (yes, Beaver) blow up love doll for sale and there was a young man pictured on the box who looked very much like Justin Bieber. That grossed me right out. LOL.

There were a couple of health type places there like one place doing pulse analysis and another doing posture analysis. There was also the local chapter of Birth Right (a planned parenthood type of place) and a great group who are running an anti-bullying campaign. And there was a booth selling exotic candies. Mostly sucker shaped like penises. I picked a few up for myself and a couple of friends :) Oh yeah! And there was some poor guy walking around who was dressed up like a giant penis. I was standing next to a man who said "Hi Dick" as the poor penis man walked by. I wonder how many times he's heard that one this weekend.

I spent just over 2.5 hours there. I enjoyed myself and I have to admit that I was surprised and impressed by the number of "older" people there. As in probably 10-20 years older than me. Granted, by the time I left, a lot more of the younger people were coming in but it was rather interesting to see the diversity of the ages of people there.

Ottawa gets a good deal of flack for being a "reserved and conservative city". We're not. And I see that we're breaking out of that shell more and more. The Ottawa show is 4 days long where-as the Toronto version is only 3 days long. That's kind of cool. I was a little surprised to see that Montreal didn't have one though.

Anyhow, that was my adventure for the day. I'm rather sleepy now so I think it's time to head to bed and dream of half naked firemen. LOL.

Good Night!

Sarah




No comments:

Post a Comment