Monday 11 March 2013

Bizarre Little Day

It's been a bizarre little day. I'm not sure what the root cause is. Maybe it's the missing 1 hour of sleep or maybe it's the fact that everyone is slowly coming out of hibernation as the weather warms up. The moon isn't full yet so I can't blame that.

I didn't sleep very well. I kept waking up at strange times and for no apparent reason. Once at work, I found a DVD on my chair from someone who wasn't supposed to be in the office today (turns out he came in at like 6:30am and left notes for a few of us.). Things were progressing normally and then I headed out with some other staff to attend an awards ceremony. Four of my co-workers were receiving awards. It was quite nice, despite one office getting their conference call lines crossed. That part was funny.

Back at the office, things were starting to get a little odd. Well, more odd than usual. People just generally seemed to be in odd/cranky/wacky moods. After observing one odd event, I asked my boss "Do you ever have a moment where you look up and look around and say to yourself 'I'm working in a circus'"? To which she replied "Yes, all the time." LOL. Glad that I'm not alone in my views.

On the bus ride home, a man was killing his boredom by playing with one of the hand straps that hang from the bar on the bus. Instead of holding onto it, he was batting at it (kind of like a cat with a ball) and watching it spin around and around and around the bar. And this was a grown man, not some young guy. It was rather amusing to watch. He kept it up for almost 5 minutes too.

This evening's amusement came from my father. A little after 8pm, my phone rings and I check the call display and it's my parents' number. I answer and it's my dad. He's like "What cha doin'?" I told him that I was cutting up some cheese for my lunch tomorrow. He informed me that his lunch for tomorrow was already made (roast beef sandwich in case anyone's curious). LOL. While I was attempting to wash some grapes, he went on about how Bones was a re-run and how he hoped Murdoch was a nice episode. Finally he got to the point of the call. He told me a fun little story called "Dad's adventure with online banking". My father was trying to access a special RRSP site that the bank has, so that he could see his balance. It's not quite as easy as it sounds and he needed to register for the online site and get a password and then it didn't work.....it ends with my dad getting a poor customer service guy on the phone and my dad not letting him off the line until he could successfully access the online site. And he got the guy to give him the account balance too. LOL. I'm not sure which one I feel worse for: My dad or the customer service guy with the bank.  Dad said that he was just calling to vent. I can appreciate that. Venting is good. I'm a fan of it. Venting prevents blow ups. I really should vent more often.

But dad's story amused me and made me smile. So did the fact that my mom started to have a conversation with me, through my father. She was sitting on the other side of him, asking me questions through dad (which she would have had the answers for if she'd checked her email....). I love them. They're bonkers but I wouldn't change them for anything.

So, like I said, it's been a bizarre little day. But one that made me smile a lot, so that's good, right?

Good Night!

Sarah

Random day, random photo - Asparagus Pigs :)

No comments:

Post a Comment