Wednesday 6 March 2013

DIE HARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Today was an interesting day at work. I spent most of the morning running around, almost quite literally. I had to venture over to two of our other buildings for things, which was thrilling. I did get to the see the new office of our former office mates and it was pretty cool. They have an amazing view which I'm completely jealous of. The colour scheme leaves a little something to be desired though.

My afternoon was busy with travel stuff (not my own sadly) and other paperwork that needed to get done. All went well so I'm happy about that.

This evening was fan-freakin-tastic!!!!!!!!!! I went out for dinner and a movie with 3 guys. LOL. Mandy, JD and I headed out from work and stopped at the mall food court, where wet met up with my buddy Xtinktor. We all had dinner (Mandy was very excited about Kojaks, I don't get it) and then we headed out to Kanata to my favourite movie theatre in the city where we saw "A Good Day to Die Hard" - the newest Die Hard movie. Number 5 in the series if you're counting.

It. Was. Awesome.  Lots and lots of shit got blown up and the movie starts with a pretty cool car chase. I'm pretty sure they totalled more cars in the first 15 minutes of  the movie than they have in all 4 previous Die Hard films combined. And there was a great 1-liner which was a throw back to the very first Die Hard film so that was cool. The movie was awesome simply because it was lots of fun to watch. Lots of action and lots of stuff going boom. The plot was ok, the dialogue wasn't anything special but that is not why you got and see a Die Hard film. You go to see great explosions and to see whether or not Bruce Willis' character can still walk by the end of the movie. It's a fun escape. There's no thinking involved. No sappy love stories, no crying, no deep contemplation on the universe. Just out and out pyrotechnical awesomeness.

The one thing it did make me realize is that I need to get out more! I'm going to work on that.

I need to sleep now. I have French class tomorrow afternoon and I kind of need to be alert for that, especially since I'm taking notes for 2 people now (my co-worker is still off on a course).

Good Night!

Sarah

BOOM!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment