Monday 4 March 2013

First Days and Kale

Today was a long day. And a very busy one. Every time I sat down at my desk to do something, a new thing popped up and a half an hour later, I'd be back at my desk trying to remember what it was I was going to do before I got interrupted. I was able to escape for 10 minutes in the afternoon and went for a nice, but chilly walk around the block. The sun was out so that was nice to see, especially since it clouded over and started to snow again about an hour later.

It would appear that my friend JD survived his first day at work and got to work with LOTS of time to spare. The first day at work can be a nerve racking one. I hope my friend K has a good first day tomorrow. It's great to see so many people finding jobs. Having been unemployed a couple of times in my life, I know how much it sucks and how hard it can be to make ends meet, especially if you don't have a 2nd income provider to rely on. I hope the jobs work out for everyone and I'll keep my fingers crossed for them all.

So, for dinner tonight, I decided to try something new. I had bought a big bunch of Kale on the weekend and I decided to make Kale Chips (thank you Pinterest!). I was skeptical. How would cooking a leafy green vegetable in the oven make it taste good? I still have no flipping idea but my god, it was FANTASTIC! I tore up the leaves and tossed them with a little olive oil. Once on the cookie sheet, I sprinkled them with sea salt, pepper and garlic powder and then baked them at 300F for 20 minutes. They crisped up and were so good. They almost tasted like they were bad for you. LOL. They crumble very easily though so I did have some Kale crumbs on my and the table while eating them. But they were yummy so I really didn't care. I'm definitely going to add this to my list of fun and delicious side dishes to make.

I'm getting used to my dark hair too. In the sunlight and florescent lights at work it doesn't look quite as dark as it does at home.

I must log off and finish getting tomorrow's lunch ready and then get into bed. I need to be alert at work or I'll never be productive!

Good Night!

Sarah

Not my first day at work, but my first day at school :)



2 comments:

  1. hmmmm Kale Chips ..... sounds yummy on my way
    Steve

    ReplyDelete