Sunday 17 March 2013

Sightings and the March of Death Continues

As the weekend is winding down, I'm thinking about my week and the fact that the weekend is far too short. Seriously. We should have 4 day work-weeks and 3 day weekends. I like that idea much better. We've got a full house this week at work so that should be fun.

This weekend has been a "run into people" kind of weekend. Not literally of course. I go months and months without seeing random people I know while I'm out and then this weekend it happens to me 3 times in one day.

Yesterday, I went to Costco with JD. Before that, we went to Cora's for breakfast. It was good, or at least mine was. JD wasn't overly impressed with his but I quite enjoyed mine and it really did come with a mountain of fruit, just like advertised. Just as we were finishing up and about to get the bills, I looked up and my friend KayD's sister and her boyfriend had just sat down. I waved and she got up so I met up with her and chatted and she introduced me to her man and we teased her about being a Montreal fan and not an Ottawa fan. You know, usual, stereotypical Canadian conversation. LOL.

Next up, JD and I had just cashed out at Costco (and I was under budget!) when I looked up and noticed that one of the cashiers looked really familiar. Took me about 5 seconds and then I placed him. His name is Justin and I went to College with him. Talk about random. I don't think I've seen him once since I graduated and that was almost 11 years ago.

After JD dropped me off, I headed to the mall as one of my favourite stores had bras and sleep ware on sale. I stuck out with the bras this time but got two new nighties (buy one, get one free) and got 5 new pairs of panties, one of which matches one of my new nighties. How's that for co-ordination? I also got 2 pairs of tights and a 3 pack of trouser socks on the reduced to clear rack. I love saving money :)  While waiting to the bus back home, I heard someone say "Hi Sarah" and I turned around and there was a woman who used to work in my office. She was with her family so I chatted politely for a few minutes before they headed out.

So that was 3 random people in one day.Oh and I saw one of the local news reporters in the mall.

Today I stayed at home and cleaned and hand washed more of my bras. I did the dark coloured ones yesterday and then the light coloured ones today. My bathroom looks like a lingerie ad.

March continues to be a notorious month as well. One friend's step son was stabbed (he's in stable condition and is eating ok etc...) and another lost her father - exactly one week after losing her mother. There's a very real phenomenon where people who are really old or have been together a very long time die within a short time of one and other. Mr.B was 100 so I guess you could say that he'd live a good and long life. He was a very sweet man and I feel blessed just having known him. Now that he and his wife have been re-united with my grandparents and all their old friends, I'm guessing that there's going to be one heck of a bonspiel going on up there in Heaven. I do feel really bad for his daughter and grand daughters. They haven't got over the death of their mother/grandmother from last week and now they have to do it all over again this week. I hope that's the end of the bad things for them for a good, long while.

And March wasn't good to my brother either. He ended up at the hospital Friday morning because he blow his nose and ended up blowing out his eardrum. I told him "I guess that's proof that you really do blow". I don't think he thought my joke was funny. Clearly he wasn't taking enough pain meds. I thought it was a damn funny joke. Poor guy though. I hope he's all better soon and that it's nothing serious/no permanent damage done.

I really hope that March is done with all of its misfortunes. One good thing did come of today. Being St. Patrick's Day, I decided to try to Irish Pear Cider I'd bought last month and forgot was in my fridge. It was really, really good! I've found a new alcohol to enjoy!! YAY!!! And it doesn't taste anything like beer so I'm thrilled about that.

Good Night!

Sarah

Happy St. Patty's Day!



1 comment:

  1. Hey Sarah, thank you so much for your kind words about Grams and Papa, it means a lot to me! I read your blog religiously now. Perhaps someday we can cross paths and hang out. I find it so relateable. I look forward to reading it every morning.
    Sincerely, Meg

    ReplyDelete