Tuesday 5 March 2013

The Blackberry Conundrum

I'll admit it right now. I am not the most tech savvy person on the planet. I do shy away from it, but I'm usually slow to embrace it. My computer is a simple laptop with no web cam. I don't have high speed internet. My digital camera is nothing fancy (but I'd love to upgrade it to a more professional style), my iPod is a first generation one and my cell phone is not a smart phone. With all of that being said, I was rather apprehensive when my boss told me that I had to get a Blackberry for work (work supplies it and pays for the service). This also means that they can find me ALL THE TIME. A scary thought. I'm exaggerating of course. I can turn it off when I'm at home.

Anyhow, the device arrived today and I was lost. I've never used one before. Thanks to my iPod, I have some idea how to work an iPhone but a Blackberry is a whole other beast for me. I think I'm going to have to break down and read the user manual. I can't even figure how to turn the damn thing off. I swear it's not simple. I'm sure it has some really cool features, but since it's a work phone, I'm not really too keen on investigating them. However, it will give me a chance to see if I'd like to own one myself as my personal phone.

I'm a little excited that Target opened in Canada today. I am looking forward to them opening here. I think we should have more options in our retail market. I think it will result in some price wars and we'll benefit from lower prices. I love shopping and I love a good deal. We'll have to wait and see how this goes over as the rest of the stores slowly open across the country.

I need to get up and moving in the morning. I'm heading to the movies after work tomorrow with some friends/co-workers so I'd like to be able to escape the office on the early side.

Good Night!

Sarah

Wishing for Spring!


No comments:

Post a Comment