Friday 1 March 2013

Tour Guide Time!

I've finally torn myself away from Pinterest so that I can blog before bed. I've said it before. That site is addictive. Makes you think that you can be the best cook, a fashionista and be the craftiest person ever all in one shot. The pineapple cake that I made was a huge hit at work today and I got that recipe from Pinterest :)

Work was very busy today. I spent very little time actually at my desk. I don't think I spent more than 10 minutes at a time sitting at my desk. We got our T4s today and sorting them was a blast....I treated myself to some kick-ass sushi for dinner tonight. It was so good.

Tomorrow is shaping up to be an interesting day. Someone who I went to high school with has moved to Ottawa and will be working in my office. Since he's new in town and doesn't know anyone, I'm heading out with him tomorrow to show him the sites. I love my city so that's not a problem. However, it's winter and Winterlude is over so there really isn't all the much to do that doesn't result in frost bite right now. And what sucks even more is the fact that it's STILL FUCKING SNOWING!!!!!! By the looks of things, it's going to snow clear through to Tuesday. Dammit.

So I'm trying to think of the best (and cheapest) indoor things to do/see tomorrow. I think a tour of Ikea might be on that list. I can't wait for the nice weather to arrive to show him the market and Gatineau Park. I'm slightly anxious too since I haven't spent any time with this person since high school really. I know I'm a much different person now and I'm assuming he is too. I guess it will be fun getting to know each other again. And we chat about the "good old days" too. All I know is that the day is going to start with a trip to my favourite breakfast spot and then we'll wing it from there.

I need to pry myself away from the computer and get ready for bed. I have a busy day of being a tour guide ahead of me :)

Good Night!

Sarah





No comments:

Post a Comment