Tuesday 26 March 2013

Nagging Thoughts and all that Jazz

Something's "off". But I don't know what it is. I wish I could put my finger on it so that I could address it, but I can't. It's like a quiet, gentle, nagging sensation in the back of my head. It's not so annoying that I'm always aware of it but it's loud enough that when I'm trying to relax, I can't fully do so. I kind of hope it's just spring fever. A need to get off the couch and get back out there into the world, into the light. I've been doing a little meditation before bed lately and that seems to help relax me and turn my thoughts off long enough to fall asleep. Maybe the universe is trying to tell me something and I haven't been patient enough to sit down and try to figure out what the message is. Maybe it's the full moon (ok, it's not full until tomorrow but close enough). Maybe it's stress.

Work has been a strange atmosphere lately. One of my co-workers nailed it the other day. He said that was having a great day, happy go lucky, until he walked into the office and it's like the all the happiness got sucked out of him. I completely understand. There's almost an air of negativity hanging around lately. It's very  strange and there's no real rhyme or reason to it.  Maybe everyone's grumpy because of the weather. It was so shitty for so long. Maybe now that nicer, sunnier weather is here, everyone will be a little more sunny themselves. Maybe everyone just needs a break.

I'm very much looking forward to the long weekend. I've got 4 days off. I can spend one day cleaning, one day having fun, one day doing nothing at all and the 4th day gets to be the wild card. An "anything" can happen kind of day. I'm really excited about Saturday. I get to have brunch at my favourite restaurant and then possibly get up to some shenanigans in the market. I hope the forecast holds. It's supposed to 7 and sunny on Saturday.

Today is a very special day. It's Sloan's (my niece) first birthday. I can't believe it's been a year already. I've only got to meet her 3 times but I've enjoyed it each and every time. She really is an adorable and remarkable little thing. I see my brother in a lot of the faces she makes. Reminds me of when he was a kid.

Happy Birthday Sloan! Aunt Sarah loves you very much and I can't wait to see you again.

Good Night!

Sarah

Just like me...Daddy's little girl :)


1 comment:

  1. Sarah! The same thing is happeningin our office too, there's a heaviness in the air. Mind you, I've heard it's always there regardless of season but I hope the spring will bring a little lightness!!

    ReplyDelete