Friday 11 January 2013

Freezing Rain and Cheese

It was a busy day at the office, which made the day fly by! I like when I'm busy but not crazy.

We did get some of the freezing rain that was forecast. In fact, we're still under the freezing rain warning. The temp just doesn't seem to want to warm up enough. I guess the warm front has stalled a bit. The commute home wasn't bad. The sidewalks downtown were good. I didn't run into any slippery bits until I hit the front walk of my building. No real surprise there. I grabbed the salt bucket from the lobby and salted it for whoever came along next.

Hopefully all the freezing rain leaves soon. We're in for rain tomorrow and a temp of +8. I can handle that :) I still need to focus on getting my apartment re-organized. Walmart has some nice home items on sale this week so I might buy a few new things for my place. Maybe. Or maybe I'll get my nails done. LOL. I haven't done that in a very long time. I feel like doing a little pampering. God knows I'm way over due for a hair cut!

Between the teachers and the natives, it seems like no one is happy these days. I'm getting a little tired of turning on the news to see stories about who's mad at whom today. And both groups seem to be doing a wonderful job of pissing off the people who's support they're trying to get. I just hope both issues can get resolved soon. It would be nice if everyone would stop and remember what they do have rather than focusing on what they don't.

On a completely un-related topic, I'm in love with the garlic and herb variety of Boursin cheese. That stuff is amazing. I could eat it every day. That's not a good thing. LOL. Oh well. I suppose it's better than french fries or potato chips.

That's enough rambling for one night I think. My book is getting very interesting so I'm going to log off and read for a bit before bed. I'm really looking forward to sleeping in tomorrow.

Good Night!

Sarah



No comments:

Post a Comment