Monday 7 January 2013

Kindness

It was a surprisingly good day at work today. I was a little on the sleepy side since I woke up at 4:30 and couldn't get back to sleep, but other than that, it was good. I got to hide out in Finance and got a lot of work done. It was a very stress free day, which felt amazing. I'm really digging the whole new less stress approach to things.

Lunch was great too. A lot of old faces are back and it was wonderful getting to catch up with them again.

I made some really good tacos for dinner tonight too. I'm trying to eat healthier and add in more "good for you" foods. So I added avocado to the tacos. I just mashed one up with some minced garlic, onion power and a little salt. It was really good. I used it as a topping on the tacos. I've turned the leftovers into a salad for lunch tomorrow.

I'm also quite proud of myself as I did up the dishes tonight. I'm notorious for leaving them until a bunch have piled up and then doing them all at once. It's times like these that I miss having a dishwasher. Anyhow, I'm trying to do the dishes every night after dinner. I make my bed every morning so why no do the dishes every night? LOL. Baby steps to getting to be a more organized.

When I was in the grocery store this evening, a man in a motorized wheelchair was having a hard time getting a plastic bag off the roll. Another man had been over beside him but was ignoring him. I drifted over and the guy asked me for help, seeing as he was trying to do it with only 1 hand,  which I gladly did. I got him a bag, helped him pick out 4 very nice apples and then tied the bag for him so the apples wouldn't roll away. My good deed was rewarded two aisles over where I was trying to get a jar of jam off the top shelf. A store employee came by and he dug around on the top shelf until he found a jar of strawberry jam for me :) We all can do with a little more kindness in our lives.

 Good Night!

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment