Sunday 20 January 2013

Sunday, Lovely Sunday

It was a wonderful Sunday here today. I slept in and then had lots of energy when I woke up, which resulted in me getting my butt in gear and getting into the laundry room before everyone else. I got my 2 loads of laundry done and then made brunch.

I sat and watched some tv while having my brunch and then got off my butt and started the dishes. Watched 2 episodes of the Simpsons between rounds of dishes (they'd kind of piled up. Funny how that happens). Somewhere in the middle I tossed some frozen Ikea meatballs and a couple packs of sauce mix into the slowcooker and got it going. Once my kitchen was re-organized, I baked a loaf of banana bread, which turned out really well.

While the banana bread was baking, I cleaned up the living room (still need to sweep/swiffer) and finished emptying my carry on bag from my trip back at Christmas. Then it was time to tend to dinner. I stuck the potato Rosti in the oven and got the broccoli in a pot and set to boil. Sat and watched some more tv while everything was cook and surfed Pinterest for a bit.

It was crazy windy here today. This morning we kept getting snow squalls and then it would clear for a bit and then another squall would come through. Here's a video I shot late this morning:




My dinner was awesome and I have so many meatballs left! LOL. I'm taking some to work tomorrow for my co-worker Mandy and possibly a couple others. Free food tends to go fast in our office. A slice or two of banana bread might go along with it too. We'll see how I feel about sharing that.

After dinner I did up the dishes and then gave myself a facial and has a nice, long, hot soak in the tub. Sheer bliss. I made my lunch, watched The Simpsons and then played on Facebook until it was time to phone home at 9pm. Talked about food and work (my job) with my mom and hockey and work (his job) with my dad. LOL. Dad had to stop to update me on something major that had happened during the football game that he was currently watching. It made me smile. It reminds me of the Sundays I used to sit with him and watch football, or Saturday Night's watching hockey. I'm glad that hockey is back. Neither of our football teams made the playoffs so now I have something to be interested in again :)

I read another chapter in my book somewhere during the day too. It was just nice all around. Very relaxing and productive at the same time. My mind was quiet and I wasn't stressing about anything, which is a wonderful change of pace for me. Maybe something from yesterday stuck and my subconscious responded by relaxing and opted to keep quiet. I don't know. But whatever the reason, I appreciated the quiet today.

Here's hoping that today's stress-free, worry-free trend continues for the week. It's going to be damn cold all week and I need to focus on keeping warm :)

Good Night!

Sarah

My new Ikea pillow that I mentioned yesterday.


No comments:

Post a Comment