Friday 25 January 2013

Robbie Burns

Today is Robbie Burns Day. It's a day to celebrate the works of a great author and enjoy a little bit of haggis. I had sushi for dinner instead but that doesn't really matter. Robert Burns was born in Scotland on January 25th 1759 and is know as Scotland's favourite son. He was a poet and lyricist. Most people probably know him for his poem "Auld Lang Syne" which was then set to some traditional folk song and now we all sing it while ringing in the new year. Bet you didn't know that the song was that old.

Now I'm not sure if I should be concerned or not, but I can hear a lot of running water tonight. We have hot water heat so I hear it in the heaters all the time, but tonight I can hear it in the pipes in the bathroom/closet and the heaters in the hallways outside the apartment sound like they have rivers running through them. And every time I flush the toilet, I can hear it echo in my bath tub, quite loudly. While sitting here writing this blog, I've heard the bath tub echo, twice. I'm guessing someone else at this end of the building flushed their toilet too. I can't see any water coming up into my bath tub. Maybe I'll put the stopper in it, just in case....

It's still very cold here but not as cold as it was. We're stilling at a balmy -15 right now (feels like -21 with the windchill) which is a notable improvement from the -39 that we had earlier this week. The part I'm not liking is the fact that there's a risk of freezing rain in the forecast for Tuesday. I wish that would go away. The cold weather has been really good for the Rideau Canal. The full length of it opens up tomorrow. Or maybe it was today. I don't remember. Either way, I won't be going on it. Ice and I do not get along.

I think I'm going to venture off to the bed and try to ignore the sounds of running water.

Good Night!

Sarah

Photo of the gardens inside the Bellagio Hotel in Vegas

No comments:

Post a Comment