Friday 28 December 2012

3 for 3!

Karma made an appearance in our household a little after 6 this morning. That's when I was woken up to the sound of my father throwing up. Yes indeed. Mr. "I feel fine" caught the stomach flu that my mom and I had earlier in the week. By all accounts, he's had the most mild case. He was like "I wonder why I didn't get it sooner?". I know why. Because he's a man. His immune system was just waiting for mom and I to be feeling better so that we could take care of him when he got sick. Figures. Men are such babies when they're sick.

Take this evening for instance. Our neighbours keep bees, and as a result, always have lots and lots of yummy honey on hand. Mom ran out of honey. One of my favourite things to eat when I'm sick is toast with honey. When I was sick, no one would walk down the block and get honey for me, but when dad is sick....he pouted at me until I got my boots on and stomped down the street to get the damn honey.

I'm feeling much better today. I was a little on the queasy side this morning and didn't feel the best while out grocery shopping with mom, but by the time we got home, I was starting to perk up. I cooked a decent dinner for myself (mom and dad both had toast with honey for dinner) and I've eaten 3 of the Truffles that my buddy Cam sent me, so that's a good sign. I still have some queasy moments, but I think that's mostly just gas. LOL.

We were fortunate here this evening. The skies cleared and I was able to see the beautiful full moon. The last full moon of 2012 to be exact. As 2012 draws to a close, I do find myself thinking back upon the year and looking at what I have and have not accomplished. I'm trying to decide what resolutions to make for the new year as well. I've got a couple more days to think about it and reflect before I need to make any decisions.

I'm hoping everyone, myself included, are feeling back to normal tomorrow. I really would like to get out and about for a while and do a little shopping.

But for now, it's bedtime.

Good Night!

Sarah




No comments:

Post a Comment