Thursday 13 December 2012

Death and Cookies

It's been a bit of a strange day. Work was busy one minute and then slow the next. LOL. Very crazy.

I know that my imagination is running away with me but I keep looking at the floor in my living room. I found out from one of my neighbours, that the little old lady who lives below me, died in her sleep last night. Her children check in on her every day and I guess her son found her this morning.  He freaked out a bit so the lady across the hall called 911 and stayed with him and tried to calm him down and such. Fire, Police and Ambulance all showed up. I missed quite the commotion this morning.
I didn't really know that last. I think I saw her a grand total of twice. She hardly ever left her apartment because she couldn't handle the stairs but her kids were here to see her every day. Losing a loved one is hard. Losing someone at this time of year just seems so much worse. I really feel bad for the son who found her and to all of her family. And I have to admit, I'm a little wigged out.

On a more positive note, my apartment smells amazing. I baked a double batch of Toblerone Shortbread this evening. Some are for the bake sale tomorrow, some are for an afternoon party and some are for gifting. I'm also rather sick of cookies now. I might bake some when I go home but I know that my mom really loves the Reese Peanut butter Squares so maybe I'll make those instead. I'm hoping that the bake sale tomorrow is success.  I still need to dust icing sigar on the batch of the shortbread and then put them into their pretty little bags.

My baby brother has to write a test tomorrow morning. He's been studying a lot and I know that it's going to pay off. I'll still keep my fingers crossed for him though :)

I think I might start packing this weekend as next week looks like it's going to be a little crazy. Good plan.

I'm off to play with cookies :)

Good Night!

Sarah

That is one massive cookie...

No comments:

Post a Comment