Monday 3 December 2012

Just Another Ordinary Day

I have absolutely no idea what to write about tonight. I'm very sleepy and no ideas are coming to me. It was a rather normal day with nothing interesting happening. I went to work, went to the grocery store, came home, made dinner, watched Castle and Bones and now I'm sitting here, writing this. No strange people on the bus tonight. Nothing overly crazy at work, except for a minor advent calendar freak out and then having to explain to a couple people what exactly an advent calendar is. Pretty normal, typical day.

I jut realized that if you look around my apartment, you'd have no idea idea that Christmas is only 22 days away. I no decorations what so ever up. Not even a window cling. I keep seeing all kind of pictures on Facebook that friends and family have posted of their brightly colours lights and their well decorated Christmas trees and I've got nothing. And more to the point, I have no desire to put any of it up. Why bother? I'm the only one who'll see it. I suppose I should at least put my wreath on the door. I made it myself and I think it's rather pretty.

The Christmas spirit seems rather elusive this year. Maybe I'll find some Thursday night. It's the kick off to "Christmas Lights Across Canada" on Parliament Hill. It's usually a pretty magical event.

Right now, I need sleep more than anything. I slept like crap last night. Not quite as bad a friend of mine who was up all night with a sick baby (who I hope is all better really soon!), but bad enough. It took me nearly 2 hours to actually fall into a good sleep and then I kept waking up every 2 hours and then I woke up a half hour before my alarm was set to go off. That sucked royally!

So I'm going to log off and head to bed early now. I don't think my nail polish is 100% dry yet but I'll take the risk of getting sheet patterns in it.

Good Night!

Sarah

Sharbot Lake, 2010


No comments:

Post a Comment