Wednesday 12 December 2012

Bus Rant #2 and Cherry Bombs

Today was a pretty good day. Not only did I have my new glasses on today (which everyone loved), but I didn't have french class!!! LOL. It was a busy day but it flew by. My new glasses are working out well. I wasn't nearly as tired by the end of the day and here I am, late in the evening and my eyes are still mostly open. LOL.

My morning did get off to a rough start, thanks to the bus. I did miss my first bus but was out in time for the next one. And it didn't show. So I waited in the cold. And waited. My bus was so late that it and the next one showed up. Bus # 2 passed bus #1 and kept going. No big deal since bus #1 was at the previous stop. But I soon figured out why bus #1 was so late. It was like "Driving Miss Daisy, the bus edition". Oh my god. I can't believe how slow he was going. When we were on the parkway, the driver kept hitting the breaks everytime we came to a bend in the road. And since it's a very curvy road, that was quite often. It was painful. And the weather was fine, the roads were clear. So that wasn't the issue. Very annoying.

We have a bake sale at work on Friday so I baked one set of cookies tonight. I made the "Cherry Bomb Cookies" that are in Joanne Fluke's book, Sugar Cookie Murder. They're amazing. You get cocktail cherries (they still have the stems on) and wrap the dough around the cherry and bake them like that. Then you dip them in icing sugar. So yummy. Only problem is that while I was dipping them, I was also trying to text. The result is me getting icing sugar all over my phone. LOL. It smells nice now :)

Speaking of cookies, I need to go and finish dipping batch #2 and then get to bed. I'll be baking more cookies tomorrow night but they're much less labour intensive than these ones. There's not assembly required. Just some chocolate chopping.

Good Night!

Sarah

 More lights from last night's adventure


No comments:

Post a Comment