Sunday 9 December 2012

Winter Weather Woes

I'm sitting here, watching Home Alone and I'm hiding behind my hands like I'm watching a horror movie. It was the tarantula scene - the one where Kevin grabs it off the stairs and throws it at the bad guy. *Shudder* I fucking hate spiders and that was one big ass spider.

Despite the fact that I've watched 4 Christmas movies in the last 24 hours, I'm still not feeling the spirit. I put out the cards that I've received so far this year, finally got around to putting my wreath on the door and I hung up my snowman "Welcome" sign, but that's about it. Nothing overly Christmasy at my place.

I spent the day cleaning and killing way too much time on Farmville 2 and Pinterest. LOL. I did managed to get the dishes done, my laundry folded and put away and got most of the living room clean, including clearing all the clutter off my coffee table so I can once again see it. I also got more Christmas cards written. But now I'm out of stamps.

I really should have got more done, but my stomach wasn't a very happy camper this morning. I think I drank too much coffee or the coffee was too strong or maybe I'm fighting off something but my tummy has been hurting and making odd sounds all day. It's one of those "I'm really glad I live alone" days. I sure hope that it doesn't keep me up tonight and I hope it's feeling better in the morning. The weather is supposed to be supremely crappy tomorrow so having to skate to work with a stomach ache doesn't sound like fun.

Ok. My upstairs neighbour just moved something so big/heavy that I swore he was coming through the ceiling and the entire building shook. What the fuck? It's almost 10pm on Sunday. Who does that? Inconsiderate damn neighbours. I really need to find a better building.

Back to the weather. According to Environment Canada, "A more prolonged period of freezing rain extending well into Monday is then possible, especially for regions near the Ottawa Valley." Well dammit. This is after the 5-10cms of snow that is supposed to fall overnight. Snow I can handle. Rain I can handle. But I can not deal with freezing rain. Ice and I do not get along well at all. I am so not looking forward to tomorrow.

Good Night!

Sarah



No comments:

Post a Comment