Tuesday 4 December 2012

My, What Beautiful Eyes You Have

Ok. So that's not exactly what Little Red Riding Hood said to the wolf but I'm allowed to have some creative licence here.

One of the screws on my glasses came loose today and nearly feel off. This is the 2nd time in the last couple of months that this has happened. Which means, it's time for new glasses. In order to get new glasses, I needed to go for an eye exam. Since my last eye exam was in early 2009, I was definitely due for a visit.

I lucked out. Unlike general practitioners, optometrists seem to be readily available. I was able to get an appointment for the same day. Turns out it was a very nice lady with a very unpronounceable last name. LOL. I underwent a new test that I hadn't had before where a puff of air is blown into my eye to test the pressure. That was kind of neat. And I had a very wicked photo taken of both eyes, so that they can see the inside of the eye and retina. It looked a lot like an egg yolk with veins in it. Or Mars with a lot of rivers. Not sure if I'm going to be able to eat eggs for a bit. All in all, it was a painless and quick visit and ended with good news!

Not only are my eyes perfectly healthy, by my vision has improved! Yeah, that can happen. News to me. But the doctor said that it does happen and that why my eyes are getting blurry at night or if I've read for too long. My prescription it too strong and the extra strain is making my eyes tired. Who knew?

I picked out 2 new pairs of glasses tonight (it was a buy one, get one free promotion) which is awesome. This way I can leave one pair at work and have one pair at home and not have to keep taking a pair back and forth. And I'm pretty excited about them too. One set of frames are really awesome and kind of funky. The other pair are more reserved and sophisticated. I still only need to wear them when I'm on the computer or reading but I was told that I can wear them anytime really. So that's good to know. I can't wait to get my new glasses.

Tomorrow is a special day. It's the last French class!!!!!! Just one more. I can do it. LOL. It should be a good class I hope. I think it's mostly just review. Yee-haw!!!!!!

Good Night!

Sarah

This has nothing to do with eye exams, it's just a funny photo!

No comments:

Post a Comment