Wednesday 24 October 2012

Bad week for horses

Before I get into this blog, I should put up a warning: Spoiler Alert! I'm going to reveal a little bit about a could of tv shows...

Anyhow, in my little world, it's been a very bad week for horses. Why? Because two different horses on two different shows that I watched have met two very gruesome ends.

The first was on an episode of "A Game of Thrones". A friend lent me season one on DVD and I'm currently reading the first book. In the episode, there was a jousting tournament and this one knight lost. He blamed it on his horse, which had been acting up. So after the round, were he was knocked off said horse, he walks up to the horse and chops its head off with a broad sword. Ewww. In another episode, a woman has to eat a horse's heart as part of a ceremony. That was just plain gross to watch.

And then tonight, I *finally* broke down and watched the first episode of "The Walking Dead" on Netflix and after the sheriff's car runs out of gas, he finds a horse and rides it into the city. The idiot manages to get surrounded by "walkers" (aka zombies) and gets thrown off the horse. Well then the poor horse is eaten by the zombies. They shown them munching on its intestines and everything. Double Ewwww.

I'm not sure when it became popular to target horses but both HBO and AMC seem to have taken it on. Yes, I know it's all fake and that no animal was actually harmed in the episodes. I just thought it was odd that horses seemed to be doomed in all the shows I was watching this week.

Going back to The Walking Dead for a moment. I have to admit that I'm kind of disappointed. There's all this hype around the show and people saying how awesome it is. Truthfully, I found the first episode to be rather boring. The best part of the whole thing was the last 5 minutes when the idiot manages to get himself trapped inside of a tank. I am kind of curious to see how he gets out but I'm not racing to see the next episode. I sure hope it gets better or I'm taking a pass on it.

Now here's hoping I don't dream of zombies tonight. Or dead horses.

Good Night!

Sarah

Calgary Stampede Parade 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment