Friday 19 October 2012

G-String or Rodeo?

Oh shit! My blog! That is seriously what I said about 3 minutes ago. I'd already turned out the light, pulled back the covers and had just sat down on the edge of my bed when I realized that I hadn't blogged tonight. I thought about just skipping it and going to sleep, but I'm too close to 100 posts to do that.

So here I am.

I worked OT again tonight, which is why my brain isn't functioning at its best at the moment. And I'm back into work tomorrow morning too.

A pretty funny thing happened at work tonight though.

A co-worker (I'm going to call her Gidget) was given a project by her supervisor. She was to come up with "getting to know you" questions that are going to be asked to a different member of their team each week as a sort of "bonding" exercise. A fairly cool idea. So, Gidget was googling questions. She pointed out a few to me and was complaining that some of them were very lame. At that point, one of our other co-workers (I'm going to call him Gizmo) came over to see us. We explained what was up and that some of the questions were lame. Gidget decided to read one as an example. She read: "Strength Training or Cardio?" Gizmo got a funny look on his face and said "What?" so Gidget read it again, thinking that he thought it was a super lame question too. When Gidget was done reading it the second time, Gizmo laughed and said "I thought you said "G-String or Rodeo?".  We all died laughing. How do you get "G-string or Rodeo" from "Strength Training or Cardio?" I get the "O" sound in rodeo and cardio but that's about it. Clearly this is what happens when you work too many late nights in a row - you stop hearing things normally and your brain goes to odd places. And while asking if you prefer a G-String or a Rodeo is a very interesting question, I really don't think it's work appropriate. But it sure what good for an awesome laugh that lasted for hours and hours.

Good Night!

Sarah

Calgary Stampede Rodeo

No comments:

Post a Comment