Monday 29 October 2012

Blustery Day

It's rather windy here at the moment. Not crazy windy, but enough that I can hear the leaves rustling outside my bedroom window. The news says that this is the result of hurricane Sandy. I say that it's the winds of change. They're blowing.

They've been blowing for a long time. They've been blowing for me. I've heard it. I've felt it. I've known that it's coming for me. And the time has come for me to stop walking away from it. To stop hiding from. To stop being hunkered down in the dark, being afraid of the winds of change, simply because it's easier to stay the course of the status quo.

But the things in life that are the most worth doing, are never the easy things.

“Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear - not absence of fear.”  Mark Twain seemed to get it.

I love myself. I'm proud of the things I've accomplished and the woman I've become. Which is why it's time to change. I owe it to myself to do everything I can to be the happiest, most healthy self I can be.

It's time to turn and face the winds of change. To embrace the them. Feel the wind tickle my hair and whip golden leaves around me. Try to push me. Sting my face. Make thunder in my ears. Blow me into the life I'm meant to be living.

I'm ready. I'm ready to start living my life. I'm ready to face my fears. I'm ready to take the first small steps to being the person I want to be. To live the life I know I was destined for. And to make all my dreams come true. One blustery day at a time.

Good Night.

Sarah



(Not today's wind storm but a wind storm none the less!)

No comments:

Post a Comment