Thursday 18 October 2012

Just say NO! to bad B.O!

Tonight's posting will be my 93rd post. Wow. That's a lot. My mom told me to post an interesting blog tonight. I hate to disappoint her, but after 93 posts, I'm kind of running out of thing to say. LOL. Not to mention that I tend to save my blogging before bed. I don't like to get into overly heavy issues before bed. It tends to make my my mind whirl and then I can't sleep. Not a good scene. Or if it's an emotional blog, I end up crying, and then my nose is stuffed up and then I can't sleep because I can't breathe properly. So you see my predicament :)

I am going to go on a little rant though about something: Body Oder. You know, that horrible, skunk like smell of sweaty pits? Unless you perform back breaking manual labour in +30 heat and direct sun, or you're a pro sports player who just finished a game, THERE IS NO EXCUSE FOR IT, especially in an office environment.  My office is very warm, all the time. It was pretty damn brutal today because it was so warm outside. We're a lot of people in a not so big space. So not smelling like a month old dirty gym sock should just be common sense.

Admittedly, I keep an extra stick of anti-perspirant in my desk drawer, in case I forget to put it on in the morning (it happens) or on the off chance that mine stops working mid-day. Why? Knocking my co-workers out with my arm pits isn't a good way to make friends or gain respect. But even without the deodorant or anti-perspirant, if you bathe on a regular basis, you shouldn't smell that bad.

The experience I had today was eye watering, gut turning, I don't think I'm ever going to get that smell out of my nose/clothes kind of bad.

I'm sure the argument can be made about conforming to social pressure blah blah blah, but smell up your own home. If you're going to be in a work environment (or on a public bus), for the love of god, bathe/shower and put on some deodorant! And for those of you who think that using half a bottle of cheap ass cologne/perfume makes you smell like some heavenly angel: YOU'RE WRONG. That's almost as bad as the BO.

Please use your perfume/cologne wisely and for the benefit of those who have to be around you, spend the $3 on deodorant.

Thank you and good night!

Sarah

You should always smell mountain fresh! (Lake Louise picutred here)


No comments:

Post a Comment