Monday 8 October 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!

Since I celebrated Thanksgiving yesterday, today was my own day. I had big plans for it. I was going to get the laundry done, do up all the dishes, clean the bathroom and living room and bake a pie.
I got 3 loads of laundry done, most of the dishes done and I made the pie. LOL. I did get caught up on a good amount of TV watching and internet browsing though. I need another day off work in order to get caught up on the house work I should have done today.

I really hate doing house work. I like to cook, but don't like doing the clean up. I need to find a man who likes to clean. I'll cook for him, so long as he cleans for me. Except laundry. I don't actually mind doing the laundry. And I don't mind vacuuming either, but since I don't have carpets in my apartment, I don't do much of that. I miss having a dishwasher. My apartment in Calgary was awesome. It was big, bright and it had a built in, apartment sized dishwasher. Ottawa needs more apartments like that.

And God help me, I've discovered Pinterest. I could lose hours a day on that site. In fact, I'm pretty sure I lost several hours on there today. I did find some very cool recipes I now what to try and a couple very cool craft ideas. There's just a world of endless opportunities on there. It's crazy and wonderful all at the same time.

The pie I made today was a pumpkin pie and I made it from scratch. As in I cup up and scooped out and cooked the pumpkin myself. I cheated on the crust and used a pre-made one but it was a fresh, not frozen one so I looked home made. Not that it mattered what it looks like as I'm the only one eating it (for now). I may end up taking some leftovers into work. It's a very good pie. I'm quite impressed with myself. I had roast chicken, turnip and stuffing for dinner tonight. It was very lovely. I think I'm going to try a recipe I found on Pinterest for dinner tomorrow night, which will use up some of the leftover chicken and cheese I have in the fridge. I just remember to stop at the grocery store and pick up the few items that need to go with it.

It's back to work tomorrow. I think it's harder to go back to work after a long weekend than it is after a normal weekend. You get used to have the time off and it seems to fly by to quickly too. Oh well. Thankfully it's a short week.

To all the Canadians out there: Happy Thanksgiving and I hope everyone found at least 1 thing to be thankful for.

Good Night!

Sarah

A slice of my home made pumpkin pie!

No comments:

Post a Comment