Wednesday 31 October 2012

Happy Hallowe'en

It's been a very long and busy day. But it was a good one.

When I woke up this morning, I looked outside and there in the darkness of the pre-dawn morning was the moon and a single star. The clouds were drifting over it, giving it a very creepy effect. It was perfect for a Hallowe'en morning. Almost like something straight out of a movie:


Not the clearest image, but you get the idea.

Work was pretty good. There was about 14 of us from the day shift who dressed up and only about 2 of us who stayed in our costume all day. The party went well and almost everyone participated in the games. Pretty much all the food disappeared so I guess that means that they enjoyed it. I ended up taking home some leftover hummus (homemade) so that was a pretty good deal for me.

This evening, I ordered Chinese Food from my favourite place and then watched my favourite Hallowe'en Movie: Hocus Pocus. It's not a scary one by any means, but it's cute and entertaining and has Bette Midler in it so you really can't go wrong.

I got a little inspired to write a poem tonight. Here's a very raw draft of it. I don't like the end of it so I'll have to re-visit it later when I'm not quite so sleepy:

"Treats and tricks, magic and mirth. The one night a year where the dead walk the earth.
Spirits we've lost, loved once now gone. Their ghosts dance in the shadows, their souls sway along.
Frights and thrills, for the young and the old. The full moon rises, what a sight to behold.
Pumpkins and witches, black cats and dead ends. But it's hard to be afraid, when you hold hands with friends.
Scary stories are told by the glow of a candle and may they be only as spooky as you can handle."


I hope everyone's Hallowe'en was a happy one.

Good Night!

Sarah





 

No comments:

Post a Comment