Tuesday 30 October 2012

Let Down

Work was ok. The office was too hot (as usual) and I've been tired all day. As a result, my mood isn't the greatest. I even went for a little walk this afternoon and that didn't help improve things much.

I think I'm still playing catch up from the weekend, which is why this is going to be very short. I need to get my ass to bed. Hopefully the wind won't wake me up tonight and I can have a solid night's sleep and feel better. Tomorrow is Halloween after all! I'm dressing up at work. Relax. The costume won't be quite as revealing as the one I wore to the bar on the weekend.

Maybe that's why I'm feeling so blah too. I was so excited and so looking forward to the party for so long and now it's over and done with and I'm back to my normal, boring existence. Who knows.

I baked 2 dozen cupcakes tonight for the office Halloween party tomorrow. Still need to frost them but I think I might do that at work. Nothing super fancy this time. Not sure how well that's going to go over. We have 169 staff. A whopping 5 people volunteered to bring stuff for the party. And only 4 people said that they'd dress up and enter the costume contest - and yes, there are prizes. No one seems to give a fuck about anything really. It's kind of hard working in an environment like that. When we were a smaller office, we all knew each other and looked forward to the next party. We held potlucks almost every month just as an excuse to take a break from work for a bit and hang out. Not anymore. Can't say I'm looking forward to trying to plan our holiday event. In fact, I'm actually thinking of scrapping one of our party games for tomorrow due to the lack luster response from the staff. The funniest part is that my boss, one manager and at least 1 supervisor are the ones who are excited about the party. Usually it's the other way around.

Oh well. Maybe I'll feel better in the morning. I'll do what I can to make it through the day and then I'll come home and watch my favourite Halloween movie and have a nice dinner. We don't get trick-or-treaters in my building. I did well this year...I didn't buy any Hallowe'en candy for myself. Can't eat it if it's not in the house.

Good Night!

Sarah

Funny pic I took at the Calgary Zoo one year after Halloween




No comments:

Post a Comment