Monday 20 August 2012

Back in the Saddle Again!

After a long day of travel, I am safely back home in Ottawa. My trip was pretty uneventful and I got a lot of reading done. I was able to check my suitcase in Toronto which made changing trains so much nicer since I didn't have to lug that 20lb suitcase around Union Station with me. There was a 3 month old baby in the seat behind me on the train. Thankfully he was very well behaved and only fussed a little bit. And in case you've read my rant about Via Rail and their cars....I got the fucking old uncomfortable red ones between Ottawa-Toronto and the same on the way back. Got the normal teal ones between Toronto-Kitchener. Seriously, I give up.

Before I left the house this morning, my dad called from work to say goodbye and to wish me a safe trip. I was a little taken back because I don't remember him doing that before. Letting him get off the phone and get back to work was hard. Saying "I'll see you at Christmas" to my mom at the train station when my train pulled in was even harder. I think we both nearly started to cry. I've waved goodbye to my parents or just my mom at the train station a hundred times by now but it never gets any easier. This evening my dad called to tell me that I had to go back home again....there was no more cobbler left and he needed me to come home and make more. That made me laugh.

It is nice to be back in my own place again, even if it does feel a bit off. I haven't finished re-arranging everything from when my balcony was repaired so things aren't quite as they should be and that bothered me a tiny bit when I got home. I think I'll put that on my "to-do" list for this weekend. It's back to work for me tomorrow. My boss is still on holidays so things won't be 100% normal at the office, which is kind of nice. Makes it easier to "ease" back into things.

Before I log off tonight, I want to share a link with everyone. One of my favourite bands, My Darkest Days, are auctioning off a Pink Kramer Nite V guitar which has been signed by them, Nickelback, Bush and Seether and was played everynight on the 'Here and Now' tour by Sal Coz Costa from MDD. The money raised will go to the Rethink Breast Cancer campaign. I'd love to be able to bid and win this, but alas, I am far too broke. Click here for the Ebay posting.

I'm off to bed early to catch up on some sleep before heading back to work tomorrow. Here's hoping that I can get back to walking tomorrow, especially since I have new kick-ass running shoes :)

Good Night!

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment