Friday 24 August 2012

The Waiting Game

I've been at this for just shy of a month now and I'm 2 page views away from 800 page views. That's so freaking awesome! I can't believe that people actually read this! (I turned it off so it doesn't count my own page views.) I'm so amazed. I'm guessing that I'll break the 800 mark tonight. I can't wait until I hit 1000. I'll have to do something special then.

So a follow up from yesterday's blog: My trip to doctor's office.

What a waste of time. I got there 10 minutes early and checked in. I give the receptionist my health card, she scans it and tells me to have a seat. So I did. And I waited and waited and waited and waited. Finally, at 11:30am, I asked the lady what the hold up was and she gave me some BS
about waiting for a room to open up (they're also a walk in clinic). I reminded her that I had an appointment. She came back out with folders and asked my name again. After flipping through the folders, she asked for my health card again and told me to come with her. Then she swiped my card again and showed me to a room where I spent another 20 minutes waiting for the
doctor. After walking by the room and putting his lunch in the microwave, my doctor finally came in
and asked me hat he could do for me today. I just looked at him for a second. Clearly the fact that I was there for a physical was never passed along to him. So I said that I was supposed to have a physical.  All he said was "oh". I then said that Ineeded to be at work in 6 minutes. So he flipped through my chart quickly and did up a blood test form. I quickly mentioned one issue I'm having and he added some more blood teas and gave me the form. I asked if I needed to fast for the test and he said no. So that was an upside. Until he flipped back through the chart and said to me "I don't have a Cholesterol number for you". So he added it and then said "Now you have to fast". Well dammit. He then gave me the option of re-booking or having him call me if the results were wonky. I said I'd re-book. I've had issues in the past with that clinic not calling me with results when I've asked for them. I went back to reception and re-booked for 2 weeks from now so that there's time for my test results to come back before I see the doctor again. What a friggin' gong show. The Doctor did say that he has no control over when the patients come back and asked me if the receptionist had forgot about me. Apparently she forgot about another man too because I heard him tell his doctor that he'd been waiting for 2 hours to be let in to see her. My doctor did seem annoyed at the delay so I guess that makes me feel a little better.

So it will be a few more weeks before I know what's what. I now need to find a lab that's open on a Saturday or I have to go into work late on Monday as the lab near me doesn't open until 8am. Sigh.

At least work went well. I ended up working until nearly 6:30 to make up some of the time I lost this morning. It was a good day and I managed to get some things done and have a couple laughs and a slice of cake along the way. I picked up sushi for dinner. It was soooo yummy! I had raw tuna in one of the rolls tonight. That's a new one for me. I'd tried raw tuna on its own before and didn't like how gooey it was, but in the roll is was quite nice.

Now I'm relaxing in my living room, watching Shaun of the Dead :) Not the most thrilling way to spend a Friday night but I'm enjoying it.

Good Night!

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment