Thursday 30 August 2012

Random Bus Ranting and Potatoes

It was a good at the office. I'm not 100% sure that I actually got any work done, but I sure did a lot of running around. Our potluck was a huge success and everyone seemed to enjoy the food a lot. There was definitely a lot of leftovers which our night shift got to enjoy. My cobbler turned out really well and there was none left to bring home.

After work, I took the bus home with my friend Steph as we were going shopping afterwards. The bus was packed. I'm talking sardine like here. We were lucky enough to have gotten on the bus earlier in the route and we had seats. There was this one lady who kept complaining quite loudly about how full the bus was and that no one was moving back. I should point out that yes, everyone was back as far as they could go without sitting on people's laps as this bus had a row of seats all the way across the back and she was one of the people who pushed their way onto an already over crowded bus rather than waiting for the next one. Anyhow, at one point she actually started yelling at people to move back. The problem was that everyone at the back was doing the "move out of the way to let people off" shuffle at the time and hadn't had a chance to re-arrange themselves yet. Rather than standing there, yelling at everyone, perhaps paying attention and using some logic would have been a much better approach. I understand that the bus is over-crowded and it's uncomfortable but yelling at perfect strangers is not going to make things better. Perhaps you should try asking the bus driver why he let so many people on in the first place? Oh right, had the bus driver been following the rules, he wouldn't have let you on!

We did managed to make it to Steph's house unscathed and got to GT for our cheap potatoes. So I'm happy. LOL. I know, when 87 cent instant potatoes are something I get excited about, it's time to get a life. But they really are very good for being instant ones. They actually taste like potatoes rather than some grainy chemical whatever.

Oh! I created a new word today. Instead of Pheasant, I said "Phezant". When asked what that was, I said "It's a Pheasant that landed on an electric fence". Get it? Phezzzzzant? It was funny at the time.

And on that note, it's bed time.

Good Night!

Sarah

Ok, so it's not a bus, but it is a form of public transportation !

1 comment:

  1. I spelled it "fizzant" :)
    And you're right, the bus nazi should have waited for the next bus/the driver shouldn't have let her group on. Yeesh...some people!

    ReplyDelete