Monday 13 August 2012

Short and Sweet

Not much on my mind tonight so it's going to be a short Blog. I'm rather sleepy after my day out with Mom and Dad. They're very entertaining individuals :)

We went to the outlet mall in Niagara Falls, Ontario and I ended up with 2 new pairs of shoes, 9 new pairs of socks and a new purse. We went to a very nice Greek restaurant in St. Catherine's called "Joe Feta's". It was featured on an episode of "You've Got To Eat Here" and my dad wanted to go, so we did. They kept setting cheese on fire. It was interesting for sure. The food was good though. I was impressed because I don't think my parents have ever had Greek food. Mom certainly hadn't. Dad thought he might have.
They're adorable. LOL.

Everytime I come home for an extended visit, I can't help but think "What if I lived closer?". I often long to be able to just pop home for a Sunday dinner once in a while. Or be able to attend all the family functions that pop up like birthdays and special anniversaries. I'd able to see my family more often. Get to watch my nieces and nephew grow up. But at the same time, I like my life in Ottawa. I really like my job and I love my freedom and independence.

I could drive myself nuts thinking about it. So instead, I just keep faith that I'm where I'm supposed to be. The universe/God is looking after me and making sure I'm where I need to be.

I've got another big day ahead of me tomorrow, with more visits with family and friends. I should get some sleep...and maybe read another chapter in my book.

Good Night!

Sarah

Rose of Sharon in my parent's yard.

No comments:

Post a Comment