Tuesday 7 August 2012

Ramble On!

The first day back after a long weekend and you'd think the world blew up or something. My morning at work was crazy! And this afternoon I was almost killed by sarcasm thanks to two of our managers. I keep telling them that it's Sarcastic Wednesday, not Tuesday. Sheesh. Some people just don't listen. My office is usually an unlimited source of amusement but today was a strange day all around. I'm blaming the heat.

I don't really have a point to tonight's blog. This falls into the "Rambling" category. I did see something funny on my bus ride home. A guy and a girl get off a at a stop. Almost as soon as she gets off, the girl hopes back onto the bus because she's forgotten her cell phone. She grabs it and gets to the door just as it closes and the bus pulls away with boy standing outside on the platform. Atleast the girl laughed about it and simply got off at the next stop. I have to admit, it was amusing. One of my co-workers, let's call them Mandy, was texting me on Saturday while on a train to Toronto. I still don't know how it happened, but Mandy somehow forgot to get off at the correct stop. Thankfully Mandy got off at the right stop upon their return to Ottawa. It's harder to miss your stop when it's the end of the line.

My co-workers aren't the only ones who amuse others. I made a rather juvenile penis joke at lunch today, which thankfully only the friend/co-worker sitting to my right heard. But as we thought about it, the joke got funnier until we were both laughing and had drawn everyone's attention to ourselves. A quick change of subject managed to work and we calmed down :) I swear to god, it's the heat. Or I'm in heat. Or both. Our office is very hot. We have heating/cooling issues. Some days I completely believe that the hotter it is in the office, the lower our maturity levels are. That sure would explain a lot. Except for Jack. I've got no explanation for him. I can't quite figure him out that bothers me. I'm usually very, very good at getting a feel for people (not literally!) but this one, I can't seem to place him. He reminds me of someone but I'm not sure who. A lot of what he does tickles some distant memories in the back of my head. It's fucking frustrating. Maybe if I stop thinking about it, the answer will come to me. It's worth a try.

Silly is good sometimes. If we take ourselves too seriously all the time, we grow old too fast. Taking a moment for silly seems to slow down the aging process and I'm all in favour of that.

By the sounds of things, it has started to rain again. We really need it so I hope it keeps up. Rain gently falling on the trees is one of my most favourite sounds in the world. So kids, I think I'll sign off here and go listen to the rain for a bit. I hope everyone made it through the day in one piece and I hope no one was eaten by zombies.

Good Night!

Sarah

Since it was a pretty random blog tonight, here's a random photo of my foot. Yes, I'm wearing bowling shoes.


1 comment:

  1. Your randomness made me giggle.. thanks!

    ReplyDelete