Tuesday 28 August 2012

Why I Want A Roll Of Duct Tape In The Office

I wish I could keep a roll of duct tape in my desk drawer and be allowed to pull it out and tape people's mouths shut when they start to spew bull shit and ignorance etc... It's a public service really. I'd be helping my co-workers out because they wouldn't have to listen to it anymore either.

Anyhow, incoming rant in 3...2...1....

Have you ever had a co-worker, classmate etc. who you just wish you could bitch slap into next week? Well I have one and my god was she in rare form today. I seriously had to exercise some pretty strong self control not to climb across the table, grab her by the shoulders and shake her while yelling "GROW THE FUCK UP" in her face. The word "ignorant" doesn't even begin to cover this wonderful gal. I'm almost convinced that she can't hear the shit that comes out of her mouth.
We do have one male co-worker who tends to walk the line between appropriate and inappropriate office topics on a regular basis and some days he says shit just to be an ass, but at least most of what he says has some logic behind it or some form of intelligent thought. But not this girl. I'm going to call her Honey (if you watch How I Met Your Mother, you might get the joke).

Honey is a university student, so there has to be some intelligence there, right? I'm not sure if it's just an act to impress the boys or if she's really so unaware of the world around her. Today she was complaining about having to essentially think before she speaks as some people might take what she says the wrong way. NO FUCKING SHIT!!!!!! You work in a PROFESSIONAL OFFICE. This isn't your dorm room or the school cafeteria. This is your PLACE OF EMPLOYMENT. Welcome to the real world sunshine. And don't keep harping on the point. And if you're going to have an opinion on something, take the time to learn the facts about the topic first. Don't just agree with the guy across from you because you think he's hot!!!!

There's tons of shit I'd love to be able to say to people in the office on a daily basis. But guess what? I don't. You know why? Because I'm a mature, responsible adult that recognises that there is a time and place for everything and 9 times out of 10, the office isn't the time or the place. The people around you are co-workers. Yes, you may develop a friendship with some of them, but you still have to remain professional and be respectful to the other people around us.

Oh yeah. And wearing a see-through blouse isn't office appropriate, I don't care how trendy you think you're being.

Ok. I think I'm done now. I'm pretty sure that I can make it through the rest of the week. All of our students are done on Friday. Some I will some. Some, not so much :)

On a rather positive note, as I sat down to write this tonight, my blog was sitting at 994 page views. That's so amazing. I'm going to break 1000 tonight! I wish I had some way of knowing who 1000 was and I'd totally send them a gift. Oh well :)

I'm off to play more SongPop (yes, I'm addicted) and then it's off to bed.

Good Night!

Sarah

Keep Calm and have a Cupcake (yes, I made it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment