Saturday 11 August 2012

It's Raining Bubbles!

We haven't had any decent rain since June. I take a week off and what happens? It rains. Murphy's Law, right? Oh well. They only thing the rain has stopped me from doing is watching the Perseid Meteorite shower tonight.

I got to sleep in this morning and then my brother and his family stopped by to drop off my nephew. Mom and I then headed out to shop as there was a 50% off all demin sale for today only. I walked out with a new (smaller!) pair of jeans, a beautiful dress ($19.97 marked down from $60.00) and a new bra. We ran some errands, grabbed lunch and came home to rescue my dad, who was home alone with the nephew.

I was then on Aunt duty. So I took my nephew downstairs where I made a very kick-ass fort out of blankets and pillows. He was really excited about it and he even hid his blankie and DS in the fort. I then helped him hide so that grandpa couldn't find him. After that, we went outside and fed the chipmunks and squirrels. We then got the bubbles out an I kept him occupied by blowing the bubbles, which he'd then chase and pop. I proved to be the pro at that as my dad managed to spill the bubbles all over his foot and into his Crocs. LOL. He had to get a watering can and wash the soap off the patio stones and out of his shoe.

After the bubbles, I chased my nephew around the yard and played keep away with a bright green volleyball. Both of us worked up a sweat. We where then back to the bubbles. There were bubbles everywhere!!!

I have to admit, it was a lot of fun. And I am rather tired now but am still smiling. I guess seeing the world through a child's eyes can kind of make you feel younger and make your heart smile.

Speaking of being an Aunt, major congrats go out to my friend Steph who became an aunt in the wee hours of this morning. May the spoiling begin!

Good Night!

Sarah

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout out...I will spoil to the best of my abilities. As for your shopping adventure...happy for you that the jeans are smaller :) however, am quite sure that you didn't need another dress ;)

    Glad to hear that you had a fun day with your nephew. In my opinion, there is nothing better than spending the day in a child-like state.
    Enjoy the rest of you holiday :) ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't "need" the dress but it's long. I don't have any long dresses and it's very pretty and I don't have one this colour. And it was only $20 :)

    ReplyDelete