Wednesday 29 August 2012

Change and Cobbler

I spent a relaxing evening at home after a rather long day at work. It was only long because I ended up staying late to take care of a few things and to talk to two of the managers. Loads of fun.

I didn't get out for my walk tonight but that was due to an important thing at home: Peach-Blueberry Cobbler. As in I was baking one :) We're having an "End of Summer/Goodbye to the Students" potluck at work tomorrow. The concept is simple. A sign up sheet is put on the wall so that you can tell us what you're bringing (so we don't end up with 6 different Caesar Salads, 20 bags of chips and 19 cakes for lunch). Easy, right? Nope. Getting people to sign up is like pulling teeth. I used to be so different in the office....

We were a much smaller group before and worked much more closely with each other. We've tripled in size since I started and now I keep getting emails from co-workers asking me "Who the hell is so-and-so". LOL. This is the largest staff I've ever worked with. I kind of miss having a smaller group, but it's not like I have any control over things. Change is a part of life and it's not a bad thing. It might be scary but if you just accept it and roll with it, it can be amazing.

I am very much a creature of comfort. I get complacent easily and change usually results in one hell of an anxiety attach (you should see me when I travel - not pretty!). But over the last few years or so, I've developed an interesting relationship with change. I think I finally understand its roll in my life and know why I need it. Now I appreciate it and accept it, especially when it's change for the better.

Now I'm actively working to change a few things and so far, the universe seems to be agreeing with my decision, which in itself is a big change. Usually when I get it in my mind to do something, it seems like the whole world is against me. You know the joke "If you want to make God laugh, tell Him your plans!"? Yeah, something like that. But lately, I think I'm in sync with the world around me and it's a very nice feeling. I will keep a positive outlook on it and keep faith and hope that it sticks around.

On an unrelated topic - only 2 more nights until the Blue Moon.

Good Night!

Sarah

The Peach-Blueberry Cobbler I made for my office potluck.


No comments:

Post a Comment