Sunday 19 August 2012

Allergies :(

My ears are itchy. Which really sucks because it's not like you can scratch them like you do your arm. All I can do, is sit here and wait for the allergy medication to start working. Grrrr. Usually my allergies are insane when I'm at my parent's house but they haven't been too bad this time around. Today was the worst day for my allergies. Not sure why. Maybe it was due to my dad cleaning out the garage as he stirred up all kinds of dust and crap.

I had a very lovely dinner with my parents tonight. Dad BBQ'd a roast, mom took care of the veggies and I made a killer Peach-Blueberry Cobbler for dessert (mom peeled and sliced the peaches for me). It was nice to bake again but it made me miss my own kitchen. My parent's kitchen is much bigger than mine, but I know where everything in my kitchen is. I had to keep asking my mom where things were.

Can't say that I really have much to talk about tonight. I'm almost all packed as I head back to Ottawa tomorrow. I'll be passing my friend Kristina along the way has she's Toronto bound. We'll wave at each other near Oshawa. Instead of two ships passing in the night, we'll be two trains passing in the day. Leaving is always bitter sweet. It's been nice getting to relax and see family and visit cool places but I also miss some of the routine of Ottawa. And I miss my bed. I have slept very well being at home though, which I think is largely due to the lack of stress. But damn that mattress is hard! My dad heads back to work tomorrow so we're kind of in the same boat.

I think I'm going to log off now and go up to my room and read for awhile before going to bed. Tomorrow is going to be a long day of travel for me. My mom and I will leave the house around 8:15am and my train is scheduled to arrive in Ottawa at 4:27pm. So tomorrow night's blog might be a short and sweet one too.

Good Night!

Sarah

A butterfly landed on my shoulder yesterday.




No comments:

Post a Comment