Thursday 9 August 2012

One more sleep!

Despite the fact that is after 10pm, I'm not all that sleepy. Why? Because I'm too excited to sleep. Why? Because I'm on vacation!! Woohoo! I'm catching a train tomorrow and I'm off. 10 whole days at home and I can't wait. Oh yeah, I need to finish packing too :)
I can't wait to get on the train. I have a 24 minute stop over in Toronto and that's it! I have a good book with me and my iPod is full of tunes and a couple episodes of Downton Abbey and I'm good to go. I really do enjoy taking the train. It might be slower than flying, but it is very relaxing. I love being able to sit back and listen to my favourite songs and watch the cities, towns and countryside go by.

I can't wait to see my mom and dad again. Since my dad is on holidays too, we get to spend the whole week together and both my parents will be picking me up at the train station. That moment when I get off the train and look up to see the faces of my loved ones is on my most favourite things in the world. I'm always so excited and seeing that excitement reflected back at me is amazing. The train ride in from Toronto is just shy of an hour and a half and I can barely sit still. By the time we've got to Guelph, I can hardly sit still in my seat!!

I'm really looking forward to being able to visit with family and to kick back and relax. I'm also really looking forward to our trip to the Stratford Festival to see "Much Ado About Nothing". I can't believe that my dad agreed to that one. I think we have a trip to the beach (Long Point on Lake Erie) planned as well.

It might not be as glamorous as Paris or as spicy as Vegas but home can be a very good place to go for a vacation. And it's much easier on the bank account too. I will do my best to continue blogging from my parent's house but I guess it all depends on if we're actually at home or not or if we're off, wandering Southern Ontario and getting up to all kinds of Shenanigans :)

Good Night!

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment