Sunday 26 August 2012

Just An Ordinary Day

I had a very lovely day today. I ventured down to the Byward Market for their sidewalk sale. I got some special "healing" bath salts for 30% off so that was nice. My buddy Xtinktor came with me as he needed something from the Apple store. It was great having someone to chat with and to carry my heavy veggies for me. LOL. I hit up the Italian market and got some very nice Capicola ham and Spicy Pancetta to put on the pizza I made tonight. I also picked up fresh cauliflower, peaches, blueberries, potatoes and corn. I love having access to a farmer's market. It really is a wonderful thing.

For dinner I made pizza, including the dough from scratch. Sort of ran into a problem there. I use 1 cup of whole wheat and 1/2 cup of white flour in my recipe. I don't have any white flour right now, so I substituted some gluten free all purpose flour....big mistake. LOL. The dough rose but the texture was off and it wouldn't stretch properly, thanks to the missing gluten. Oops. I was able to press it out flat on a cookie sheet and continued on. It tasted just fine.  Live and learn, right?

I watched "Back to the Future 3" this evening. I love those movies. Xtinktor and I were talking about older movies today, specifically Ghost Busters (another classic) and the Indiana Jones series. Why can't they make movies like those anymore? Ok, the 4th Indiana Jones was more recent and there's supposed to be a Ghost Busters in the works but there nothing quite like those anymore. Sigh. Maybe I'm just feeling old. Actually, I said something today that made me feel old. I said "I can remember watching that on VHS". Damn.

Can't say I really have much on my mind tonight. The double chocolate cupcake and glass of wine that I had earlier seem to have cleared out my brain for the time being :) I was thinking about how nice it would be to have someone to cuddle with while I was watching the movie tonight, but then I was hot and decided that I would have just been hotter with someone next to me so why bother? Yeah. I'm blaming that thought process on the wine. Might account for why I was being warm too.

Ok, enough rambling. I need to get me some shut eye.

Good Night!

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment