Wednesday 19 September 2012

Coffe Rant and New Year's Eve

I'm a little cranky tonight. Maybe it's because I'm tired. Or maybe it's because I'm super stressed at work. Or maybe it's because there was nothing good on tv tonight. Or perhaps I just need to get laid. Maybe it's PMS. Or maybe it's that someone who's supposed to be one of my closest friends appears to be deliberately ignoring me as of late. Or maybe it's all of the above. I'm opting to go with the first option at the moment. I'm tired. Very tired.

I had french class this morning. It went well and I got all the answers on my homework correct. The problem is, by the time class is over, I'm totally drained and just want to nap. Having to focus and think in another language for 4 hours is mentally exhausting. The fact that my jackass teacher kept making me say one word over and over about 10 times (yes, I kept pronouncing it wrong, EVERY FUCKING TIME) didn't help the cause either. Once class was over and I got back to the office, I didn't even make it from the door to my desk before I had people bugging me. Fuck, I didn't even get to the elevator. The commissionaire was giving me a hard time about the coffee delivery guy and not being able to reach who he was looking for. Best part? I have nothing to do with the fucking coffee thing. Another co-worker looks after that and she'd given the delivery guy her cell phone number so that he wouldn't have to ask the commissionaire to call up. I then had conversations about said coffee delivery with 2 other people before I was able to reach my desk. Seriously, what a fucking gong show. I deliberately didn't want to get involved with the coffee thing because: A. I very rarely drink coffee so it was of little interest to me and B. I already have way too much on my plate. Yet somehow, it's landed back in my lap. Fuck. We have nearly 150 employees. Surly someone else can step up and take care of the damn thing. Sigh. On the up side, the woman I'm training to help me is catching on very quickly and is very eager to learn and is doing a great job. I'll be happier once she's up to speed and then I'll be able to do my stuff and she'll be able to do hers and we'll be good to go.

Today was a little depressing too because I'm trying to make my Christmas/New Year's holiday plans. I can't decide where to spend New Year's. It's either going to be in Ottawa or at home in Cambridge. Most years, I spend it at home. My parents and I spent New Year's Eve together, watching a movie and then a bunch of family goes for bunch on New Year's Day. Last year, I decided to try something different, and came back to Ottawa for New Year's Eve. While I was supposed to spend it with a friend and her husband, plans changed and I was left to my own devices. Which meant that I spent it home, alone. It actually wasn't that bad. I watched some of my favourite movies and made finger foods and watched the ball fall in NYC on tv and I only had to shuffle into the other room to find my bed. And there was wine in there too. However, you know the old wives tale that says how you spend New Year's Eve is how you'll spend the next year? Well it's September and that tale is bang on the money. I have definitely spent a very large amount of time alone this year. I think the only year that I recall spending more time alone would be my first year in Calgary back in 2005.
I want to party. I want to get all gussied up and put on a great dress and go out and dance and drink and laugh and just have a blast for the night. Just be surrounded by mirth and happiness and hope for a great new year. But unless I plan on doing that on my own, it doesn't look like it will happen this year either. But it's only mid-September. New Year's is still 3.5 months away. A lot can change in that time.

I think it's time for sleep. Here's hoping I can fall asleep quickly and get a solid, restful night's sleep and not wake up feeling like I want to maim half my office :)

Good Night!

Sarah



No comments:

Post a Comment