Sunday 16 September 2012

Domestic Sunday

I think I can count today as a productive Sunday.

Before breakfast, I ran over to Walmart to pick up the filter I forgot to get yesterday and then ran into Metro to get something to cook for dinner. I ended up with a very nice roasting chicken. I came home and threw a load of towels and socks into the wash. Once that was done, I made breakfast. Ok, it was brunch by this time but whatever. It was good. Turkey bacon and pancakes with real maple syrup. Awesome.

This afternoon saw me attempting to find the floor in my bedroom. The theory being that it had to be there as it was what was most likely holding up that very large pile of clothing. I was right. There was a floor. I got most of it done. Lots of clothing hung up, folded up or put into a bag for donation. I also have a HUGE basket full of laundry. That's the downside to cleaning.

I alternated my floor hunting with the doing of dishes, just in case floor hunting was too boring. I also had to pause from all the fun in order to get my chicken into the oven. I have to admit that one of my favourite things about cooking is how awesome my apartment smells while I'm cooking. After getting my fine poultry friend into the oven, I was back in the bedroom. I got the bed cleaned off and all the random shoes/flip flops/slippers moved out of the way and then I changed the sheets and made my bed.

I'm quite looking forward to getting into bed tonight as the sheets are brand new. I bought them yesterday morning and washed them last night. Not only are they super soft, but they smell awesome too. Climbing into a freshly made bed, with fresh sheets is one of those simple pleasures in life.

I made mashed potatoes (with the skins on) and boiled broccoli and cauliflower to go with my chicken. It all turned out very well and it was very good indeed. And now I have left over chicken to take for lunch this week.

While I was waiting for dinner to finish cooking, I did find the time to finish doing my nails, which look pretty kick ass if I do say so myself.

It's been a pretty good and rather domestic day. I think I'm going to read for a little bit before crawling into my awesome bed. But before I go, I want to wish my dear, sweet, slightly insane but I still love you friend Michelle a very, very, VERY happy 35th Birthday. I hope it was a good one :)

Good Night!

Sarah

Cake from my 30th bday party :)

No comments:

Post a Comment