Thursday 20 September 2012

Random Homelss Guy

Another busy one at the salt mines today, but it wasn't quite as insane as the other days have been. There seemed to be a little bit more order to things, a little less crazy. Unless you count the "mis-heard lyrics" conversation that occurred late this afternoon. That was a whole other brand of crazy.

A rather wonderful "fire" popped up this morning and I spent a good part of the day, off and on, assisting in extinguishing it. The upside was that it was dealt with and we're on track. There were even a few laughs along the way thanks in part to our tech team. It was very nice to be able to report back to my boss that the project was done, issue resolved and we could move ahead. It was very welcome news. And somehow I still put in 1.5 hours of over time.

On the way home, something truly random and really amusing happened. I was walking to the bus stop with a co-worker. We were having a conversation, regular stuff. Just after we crossed the street, we passed one of the homeless guys who's frequently in the area. As we passed by him, he put his finger to his mouth and made that blubblubblubblub noise that you make when you run your finger quickly up and down over your lips and blow out air at the same time. My co-worker and I looked at each other and burst out laughing. It was so fucking random!!!! I've walked past that homeless guys about a hundred times. He's never done anything like that. He may mutter to himself every now and then but I've never seen him do something like that before. So bizarre! The homeless guy wasn't even asking for money. He was sitting outside a Starbucks, several feet back off the sidewalk. I honestly didn't know what to make of it. I have to admit, there are days when I'd love to do that to people (random jerks and co-workers alike) but I guess I have more self control. It did make for a rather amusing walk to the bus though.

Thankfully, tomorrow is Friday. From the sounds of it, half the office is heading out to a local pub/bar after work. I do believe that I will be attending with them. I don't think I'll be drinking much. Mostly because I'll be tired and I'm on the broke side. Also, it sounds like there will be A LOT of people going. I'm not overly comfortable with that many co-workers seeing the unrestricted me. When it's a small bunch of us that I'm more familiar with, no problem. But a full house of colleagues? Not quite my cup of tea. I'm hoping that a few former co-workers will come out to visit with us as well. It's been too long since we've seen some of them.

Anyhow, I'm tired (I know, shocking), so I should be off to bed. Maybe I'll have some random drunk stories tomorrow night ;)

Good Night!

Sarah


No comments:

Post a Comment