Wednesday 12 September 2012

Lâche pas la patate!

Ok. So for those of you who don't speak French (like me!) or speak proper French and have no idea what my blog title says, it means: Don't drop the potato. Odd? Definitely. But based on the people I know who happen to be french, they are an odd bunch. Anyhow, the phrase actually is meant to mean "Don't give up".

So I think it was rather fitting that two of my co-workers taught it to me today. I have no idea if they know how frustrated and defeated I've felt lately about my quest for my second language. But it was the perfect phrase at the right time. And they only laughed at me for about 10 minutes while I tried to learn how to say it.

My French class went much better than expected. It's not the same teacher as last session (that my lucky stars) and this guy seems to be well organized and actually has a personality. He also told us that we shouldn't be afraid of making mistakes and to please feel free to make them.  I can do that. Quite easily in fact. Also, I wasn't totally lost. Most of what I'd already forgotten from the last session back in the spring kind of came back to me, so I was happy about that. One week down, 12 to go. Guess I'll just have to wait and see how this plays out.

The rest of my day was almost a total wash out. I had to run over to our other building to drop off/pick up stuff. It felt like a million people were asking me for things and my desk looks like a paper bomb exploded on it. Not good. I think I'm going to have to haul my ass into the office early tomorrow in an attempt to get caught up. Oh, and we had 5 new staff start today. Yippee.

Je suis fatigué (I am tired). It was a long day and then this evening I've spent the last hour and a bit working on a photo book project, so I'm a little tired of looking at the computer screen. The week is more than halfway over!

Good Night,

Sarah


Speaking of odd, check out this vase!




No comments:

Post a Comment