Thursday 6 September 2012

Sleepy

For being a short week, it feels rather long. Perhaps that's due to how busy I've been at the office. It's bizarre. I run around all day but I don't actually feel like I've accomplished anything. Maybe I'll go in early tomorrow and try to get some filing done before the rest of the staff appear.

Today we had yet another farewell party. It's what happens when a large majority of your staff are on 90 day contracts. Anyhow, today's departure was my friend Stephanee. On one hand, I really have no reason to feel sad about it as I see her on a weekly basis. But on the other hand, I have gotten quite used to seeing her at work everyday. And for hitting her up for gum. And for having my back when dealing with difficult people.

On the bright side, when I bitch to her on the weekends about work/co-workers/general office insanity, she'll know exactly what I'm talking about :)

I'm rather sleepy this evening and my tummy is a little angry (too much hot sauce on my dinner I do believe), so this is going to be a short blog tonight. Besides, I'm still a little drained after last night's blog.

Oh! That reminds me, my mom called me this evening. My parents are having their house re-wired (they still have some old knob and tube wiring in it) and apparently, the people doing the work have been re-arranging the rooms and making quite the mess. They kind of have to and my parents knew this was coming. Anyhow, the computer isn't hooked up again yet so my mom has been calling instead of emailing. She called me tonight and said that the electrician had told her that he closed the doors to two of the bedrooms and that the master bedroom was accessible and open (my parent's room). He also said that he didn't recommend looking into the two other rooms. So what did mom do? She looked in the other two rooms. LOL. Apparently she can only get the door to my old room half way open because there's a dresser in the way. Mom said that both rooms were a total disaster. My response: I wanna see! Take pictures!!! Yes, I'm uber supportive, aren't I? They've got a new light fixture in the bathroom because the workers can't get at the wiring for the old lights without removing an entire wall. And the wiring in the old ceiling light in their dining room was so old and dried out, that it was flaking off! Crazy. I can't wait to go home at Christmas and see all the changes.

I'm going to log off now and head to bed early. I'm very happy that tomorrow is Friday. I'm thinking sushi for dinner :)

Good Night!

Sarah

Couldn't think of a good photo for this blog, so here's a picutre of Lake Louise instead.
(taken in 2007)


No comments:

Post a Comment