Sunday 9 September 2012

Rainy Saturday

After months of little to no rain, it rained here all day. I think Mother Nature was giving us the rainy season all in one shot.

It was actually kind of nice as we had several little thunder storms roll through. More than I've seen all summer. I love thunder storms. They're so beautiful. And the smell of the air when it's raining is incredible. It brings back happy memories from my childhood. I wish someone could bottle that smell.

Being a rainy day, it also helped me to get some chores done that I'd been putting off. I got in a trip to the pharmacy and did a full shopping trip to the grocery store. My fridge is re-stocked. Half ass cleaned out the fridge too. I probably should finish doing that tomorrow (ok, later today). I also managed to get 3 loads of laundry done, one of which is hanging in my bathroom. Showers make a great place to dry clothing you know.

I made butter chicken and basmati rice for dinner. Had vanilla bean Haagen Dasz with raseberry jam on top for dessert and then curled up on my couch and watched Sex in the City 2. Thanks to the dramatic change in the weather, my living room actually got rather chilly and I found it necessary to curl up under  a blanket.

I'm 34 and single, no kids. It's Saturday night. In theory (and if I believed the ladies from Sex in the City) I should be out, living it up at a club/bar/party somewhere. But that's just not me. The last scenes in Sex and the City 2 are set to Cyndi Lauper's "True Colors". Well my true colours are that of a homebody. And after the crazy ass week I had (doctor fuck ups and general work insanity), spending a night alone on the couch was the perfect way to spend my night.

I'm going to continue my domestic spree tomorrow. Might head to the market for veggies. I haven't decided yet. But I am looking forward to sleeping in. And on that note...

Good Night!

Sarah

A rainy day at Sharbot Lake - 2010


No comments:

Post a Comment