Friday 14 September 2012

Where's My Crystal Ball?

Some days I really think I might be psychic. Today was one of those days.

It was a pretty normal work day. I got to run two staff info sessions, one with all our day staff and one with our night shift. Both went well and now the staff is well informed about the charity campaign that's being run at work over the next 6 weeks. Yay. I also managed to get my desk back into a little bit of order and only discovered one or two mysteries in the process.

The psychic part came in a little later.

For a couple of days now, an old friend of mine (someone I've known for a very long time) has been trying to get a hold of me. They texted and emailed a few times and actually called and left voicemail yesterday. Seeing as I haven't heard for them in a dog's age, I immediately knew that something was up (don't need to be psychic for that part ) and took a pretty decent guess at just what it was. And I was spot on.

Not only did I guess the problem, I also already knew what they were feeling/thinking and why they had opted to call me for advice. I predicted the breaking point or the 'snap factor' if you will. Maybe that isn't psychic abilities at all. Perhaps it's just knowing this friend really, really well. It was really trippy though. Listening to them describe the situation and their reaction to it was almost word for word the same as the conversation I had about them 3 months ago. Maybe there is a certain mental link to those who we're close to or have known for a very long time. Either way, it was a little un-nerving.

But I do think that I surprised said friend with the advice I offered. I think they called me more to get permission to follow a certain course or looking for me to help provide support or justification for their way of thinking. But rather than do that, which would have been easy, I listened to my instincts and proposed a different course of action.

No clue if they'll take my advice though. They asked, I gave. That's all that I can do other than offer up some prayers and hope that everything works out for the best for everyone involved.

Too bad I can't get such a good gut feeling about lottery numbers :)

It's cool and rainy here which is very good sleeping weather, so I think that's exactly what I'm going to go and do.

Good Night!

Sarah



No comments:

Post a Comment