Saturday 15 September 2012

Nail Polish

After nearly 2 months of going without, I broke down today. I bought a bottle of nail polish. LOL. In case you're wondering, it's "Honk If You Love OPI" by, you guessed it OPI. It's a dark purple/burgundy colour. Very nice for fall.

I have a bit of an addiction to nail polish. I don't drink, smoke or do drugs, so I think I'm doing ok with the nail polish. Nail polish is one of my girlie vices. I don't really have many. I like pretty/sexy underware and love it when I can find a matching bra and panty set, and I love my nail polish. Those are my girlie vices.

Speaking of girlie...I went shopping today and my buddy Xtinktor met up with me and kept me company. We did stop along the way for a coffee and got caught up. But I had to laugh. We had quite the conversation about hair and hair products. He actually had to go back to the store where I got my nail polish so that he could pick up a special hair treatment that both he and his wife uses. I got a good giggle out of that. I helped him pick out a bottle of nail polish for his wife too. I should have made him try it on!

I spent part of the day looking at Hallowe'en costumes too. I love Hallowe'en. It's partly because I love fall and getting to decorate with the beautiful colours of leaves and pumpkins but I think I like Hallowe'en more because it's a chance to be something/one else for a day. To dress up and be creative. I love that. And before wearing black nail polish became a main stream thing, I loved being able to wear black or a funky green nail polish for Hallowe'en. See? I really do have a thing for nail polish. You should see what I come up with at Christmas. LOL.

After my day of shopping, I've just been spending a quiet evening at home. I made spaghetti and meatballs for dinner with a salad. Then I did a load of laundry (to wash the new sheets I bought this morning) and now I'm sitting here, blogging and watching "Date Night". It's a rather amusing little flick. Oh yeah! And I did the first coat of nail polish too. I didn't want to risk going to bed with slightly wet nails and having them smudge, so I'll do coat 2 tomorrow morning.

I'm getting a little chilly since there's a cold breeze coming in the balcony door, so I think it's time to log off and go and curl up under a blanket and watch the rest of the movie. Or read for a bit.

Good Night!

Sarah

This is a mini candy apple that I made for Hallowe'en one year. You can see my pretty nails in it!


No comments:

Post a Comment