Sunday 30 September 2012

Football and Fireworks

After 4 weeks in the NFL season, I finally got to watch my team on tv. I think it's stupid that where you live in the province reflects which teams are broadcast. Thankfully, I have digital cable so I was able to watch my team on the Montreal channel. Sadly, they lost. They really lost. But my team is very good at losing, so I'm quite used to it. In case you're wondering, I'm a Buffal Bills fan.

It was a rainy and dull Sunday, which was great for watching football and baking cookies :)

This evening, I was on the phone, talking to my parents like I do every Sunday, which I head a loud noise outside. At first I thought it was thunder. But then it happened again and again. It was fireworks. I ventured out onto the balcony and I could see them over the top of the neighbour's house. They were quite pretty except some kept getting lost in the clouds. Who in their right mind lets off fireworks in the rain? The Billy Graham Evangelistic Association of Canada, that's who. LOL

They put on a free Christian Rock Concert this weekend at the park not too far from me. I think that's a pretty cool idea. A free rock concert is a free rock concert. But fireworks are pretty expensive. Billy Graham and is ministry must be doing pretty well to be able to afford a free weekend long rock festival and fireworks. I can't help but think that that money could be better spent. But that's just me being a little skeptical of ministries that make large sums of money. If the weather had been better, I might have gone down to check out the bands since I'm always looking for new music. It's just the preaching part I have issues with.

Speaking of new music, I recently discovered a band called "Throw the Fight". They're from Minneapolis, Minnesota and they kick ass. I highly recommend checking them out. They've got a wicked cover of "I Just Died In Your Arms". I adore it.

Good Night!

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment